I’m always enamored by how good it feels to pamper your skin. Most of us can’t afford expensive spa facials—or fancy beauty products—but it doesn’t mean we have to go without the luxury or benefits of these treatments!
Not only does turmeric have amazing healing properties, but it’s also a great beauty product. Indian brides have long used turmeric as a head-to-toe body scrub and face mask to brighten skin before their weddings.
Turmeric manages microorganism growth on the skin, helping ward off acne-causing acne bacteria, and it prevents other infections from spreading,” Dr. Gates explains [source]. “It also contains powerful antioxidant properties, balances sebum secretion, and helps clean out pores.
Turmeric beauty benefits
- Turmeric is high in antioxidants that slow down cell damage [source].
- It’s widely used as a skin exfoliant and improves the texture of skin [source].
- It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin, psoriasis, and eczema [source].
- It helps reduce pigmentation and even out the skin tone [source].
- It is also said to diminish wrinkles [source].
TOP 10 TURMERIC FACE MASK
Skin Glow Turmeric Face Mask
To make this particular mask for skin glow, you need to mix together 2 tablespoons of raw organic honey and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix it really well and massage this on your facial skin and neck. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse it off.
Anti-Acne Turmeric Face Mask
To make this super effective anti-acne mask, mix together 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and enough basil Juice to make a paste. Add in few drops of tea tree essential oil for added benefits. Apply this mask to your facial skin and let it sit for 20 minutes before you rinse it off.
Anti-Pigmentation Turmeric Face Mask
To make a pigmentation lightening mask, you need 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh potato juice and half a teaspoon of turmeric. Mix both the ingredients together and apply to your facial skin using a cotton ball. If you have a sheet mask capsule, you can use that as well. Let it sit for 30 minutes before you wash it off.
Facial Hair Reduction Turmeric Face Mask
This particular mask helps buff away peach fuzz and very light facial hair growth if used religiously. You need to mix together 1 tablespoon of rice flour and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add in enough yogurt to make a paste and apply a thick layer on facial skin. Let it completely dry and scrape it off using dry fingers and rinse off the residue.
Turmeric Face Mask For Uneven Skin Tone
If you have an even skin tone, this mask can do wonders. You first need to make fenugreek water and for that, you need to soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in one cup of water overnight. Strain the liquid and your fenugreek water is ready. Mix together 1 tablespoon of wild turmeric powder with enough fenugreek water to make a paste. Apply this on your facial skin concentrating on areas where you have darkness. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off.
Exfoliating Turmeric Face Mask
To make this exfoliating mask, mix together 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder with enough melted jaggery to make a sticky paste. Apply this on your facial skin and neck and massage for a few minutes. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off.
Brightening Turmeric Face Mask
To make this brightening face mask you need 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and enough fresh tomato juice. Mix both the ingredients and apply them to your facial skin and neck. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off.
Oily Skin Turmeric Face Mask
To make a face mask for oily skin, mix together 2 tablespoons of green tea with 2 to 3 pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this solution to your facial skin using a cotton ball and let it sit for 15 minutes before you rinse it off.
Moisturizing Turmeric Face Mask
To make this super moisturizing face mask, mix together 2 tablespoons of yogurt or banana pulp with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix it really well and apply a thick layer on your facial skin and neck. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off.
Skin Healing Turmeric Face Mask
If you have skin rashes or small nicks and cuts on your skin, you can simply mix together wild turmeric powder with enough rosewater to make a paste. Apply the mask on your skin and let it sit for 15 minutes before you rinse it off.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Use only wild or white turmeric powder in skincare DIYs. Do not use regular turmeric that is used for cooking. Wild or white turmeric powder does not stain much.
- Always patch test beforehand.
REASONS WHY TURMERIC IS GREAT FOR YOUR SKIN-
- Turmeric has great anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help inhibit fungal and bacterial growth on the skin and balance skin’s natural microflora.
- It has healing properties that heal any mild skin condition or wounds and it also sanitizes and has great antiseptic properties.
- Turmeric has anti-pigmentation and brightening effects that help lighten dark spots and darkness around your mouth and nose. The humble spice also helps lighten pigmentation on your cheeks and under your eyes.
- It purifies and detoxes your skin and prevents acne, bumps, mild skin infections, etc.
- Turmeric exfoliates and polishes your skin and adds a healthy reflective glow.