Kalonji seeds also called as Nigella seeds | Black Cumin | Black Seeds in English are very popular in India as they have been used from ancient times to treat many diseases. They are used in cooking to season certain dishes in India so it is a well known spice. In this post, I have shared a black seed hair mask recipe that helps to reduce hairfall and to boost hair growth.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE BLACK SEED HAIR MASK
- Black seed (Kalonji / black cumin seed) – 4 spoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 3 spoon
- Ginger infused oil (or) coconut oil – 2 spoon
- Rice water / plain water – required to make a paste
HOW TO MAKE BLACK SEED HAIR MASK
- Take the black seed, fenugreek seeds and sun dry them for 1 hour . Or you can also roast the fenugreek and blac seeds. (Do what is convenient for you)
- Now in a blender, add the black seed and fenugreek seeds and blend them. You can see the black seed starts to release oil. You will get a smooth butter like paste if you grind it for about 4 to 5 minutes. To this add the ginger infused oil / coconut oil and blend for another 1 minute.
- You can store this paste in refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
- To make the hair mask, take the black seed paste and add enough rice water or plain water to make a thin paste.
- Now apply this hair mask all over your scalp and hair lengths. Leave it for about 30 minutes and then rinse it off with your usual shampoo and conditioner. Using this hair mask once a week helps to revitalize your hair roots and stimulate hair growth.
WHY THESE INGREDIENTS ?
BLACK SEED aka KALONJI SEEDS
Kalonji has anti-inflammatory compounds which reduce irritation from your scalp. Scalp inflammation leads to dandruff and other hair problems that further leads to hair fall. Loaded with nutrients, kalonji is great for your hair. It gives your hair the required nutrients and increases your hair growth.
Black seeds contain powerful antioxidants which strengthen the hair follicles and encourage growth.Besides, the same antioxidants also help to protect hair cells from the normal aging process that thins the hair.Another potent compound in black seeds is thymoquinone (TQ), an anti-inflammatory substance. TQ can help stop hair loss that is caused due to inflammation of hair follicles .
Fenugreek seeds are loaded with nutrients that not only promote hair growth but also improve the texture of the hair when used regularly. It is very effective in making the hair strong from their roots and dealing with the follicular problems. These seed fights irritation on the scalp and dandruff, which are two main reasons for hair loss.
Fenugreek seeds not only kill the bacteria and fungi present on the scalp but strengthen the hair follicles and promote hair growth.
GINGER INFUSED COCONUT OIL
The warming and stimulating effects of ginger work to increase the scalp circulation and encourage healthy hair growth. Ginger contain antioxidant gingerol, which helps to fight free radical – you got to keep them away as these can damage hair cells, and cause hair thinning and hair loss. Ginger is also a great hair conditioner. Rich in minerals and essential oils, it makes hair more manageable, softer and shinier. Besides, ginger is a useful remedy for dandruff and dry, itchy scalp. It contains natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help keep scalp healthy and clean. You can click this link here to read how to make ginger infused oil at home.
The amino acids present in rice water, in particular, help in the regeneration of hair and aid faster growth of your hair. Also, rice water contains vitamins B, C, and E, which further help in hair growth. Using rice water for hair will make it lustrous, smooth and fast-growing.