Hair thinning and hair fall is the major issue that many people are concerned about. When we start a hair care regime we choose products by reading their claims and use them with high hope that they will reduce hair fall or strengthen your hair. But we don’t read the ingredients of those products. When nature has given us many options to treat those issues we neglet it and run after over the counter products. So I came up with the list essential oils that helps to reduce hair fall and hair thinning. Even after recovering from hair fall, our hair regrowth rate will be slower. These essential oil also helps to speed up the hair regrowth.
ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL
If you want a single essential oil for all hair problems, then you must invest in rosemary essential oil. Rosemary essential oil darkens your hair when used regularly, if you have pre mature graying then rosemary oil will help to darken your hair. Rosemary essential oil strengthens hair follicles and thereby reduces hair fall.
It also increases blood circulation and stimulates the absorption on oxygen from blood which in turns helps in stimulating hair growth. It evens grows hair in bald patches if uses regularly. This essential oil also helps with treating dandruff. So it is an all in one solution for your hair problems.
How to use rosemary essential oil?
- Take 2 to 3 spoons of coconut or olive oil depending upon your hair length and density.
- Now warm this oil using double boiler method. Now add 3 to 4 drops of rosemary essential oil to this.
Now apply this oil all over scalp and hair and massage gently.
- Then steam your hair using hot towel. Tie your hair in bun or braid your hair and leave it for about 2 hours, you may also leave it overnight.
- Then wash it with mild shampoo and conditioner. Do this twice a week to reduce hair fall and to stimulate hair growth.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
Lavender essential oil is a versatile oil since it can be used in hair care, skin care and also to calm one’s mind. Studies have proven that topical application of lavender oil increases number of hair follicles thereby increasing hair density. If you suffer from hair fall due to stress, then lavender oil helps to soothe your mind and thus reducing hair fall to some extent.
The anti bacterial property of lavender essential oil keeps your scalp clean thus providing space for hair regrowth. Lavender oil helps to deepen depth of hair follicle making it stronger. Lavender oil helps to grow your hair longer.
How to use lavender essential oil ?
You may use lavender essential oil with coconut oil as mentioned above in rosemary essential oil. Another method is mentioned below.
- Take required amount of your regular shampoo to wash your hair in a bowl. Now dilute this by mixing some water with it. Add 3 to 5 drops of lavender essential oil in it and mix them well.
- Use this to wash your hair. Do this every time to wash your hair. In this way you can make your normal shampoo as anti hair fall shampoo.
CEDAR WOOD ESSENTIAL OIL
Cedar wood essential oil is extremely potent in treating hair loss. It is said to treat even some types of alopecia. It fights against dandruff and itchy scalp. It calms your scalp and improves blood circulation to scalp. It accelerates the speed of hair growth. It slows down hair loss in most of the cases. Cedar wood essential oil helps to treat dry hair also. It hydrates hair shaft and thus reducing hair breakage. It fights against fungi present in our scalp that slows down the hair growth rate.
It promotes growth of stronger hair which prevents future hair fall also. It removes all the microbes present in our scalp that slows down hair growth thus making our scalp clean and healthy. It also balances sebum production and prevents clogged pores.
How to use cedar wood essential oil ?
- Take Amla juice in bowl depending upon your hair length and density.
- Now add 5 to 7 drops of cedar wood essential oil to this. Mix them well.
- Now apply this hair tonic all over scalp and hair length. Steam your hair with hot towel.
- Leave it for about 2 to 3 hours. You may also leave this overnight. Then wash it off with mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Follow this atleast once a week for stimulating hair growth.
BASIL ESSENTIAL OIL
Basil essential oil is underestimated essential oil for hair growth but this humble essential oil stimulates hair growth like no other’s business. It stimulates the multiplication of hair cells which in turns increases hair growth. Basil essential oil removes fungal infection like dandruff within few uses.Like every other essential oil, it improves blood circulation to scalp. It promotes thick and strong hair. It makes hair stronger and thus reduces hair breakage.
How to use basil essential oil?
- Take 3 to 5 spoons of organic honey in a bowl. You can adjust the quantity depending upon your hair length and density.
- Now add 5 to 7 drops of basil essential oil to this. Mix them well.
- Apply this all over your scalp and hair ends. Leave this for about 1 hour and then wash it with your shampoo and conditioner.
- Follow this once a week to get back your luscious hair. This is suitable for extremely dry scalp.
CLOVE ESSENTIAL OIL
Clove essential oil provides warmth to your scalp and improves blood circulation and division of hair follicles thus making your hair voluminous. Clove essential oil will give you long and strong hair within few uses. It is extremely useful if you want to regrow your hair. Clove essential oil is not widely used in hair care, but this is extremely potent in regrowing your hair. This increases your hair’s volume with regular usage. Though this is a spice, this is extremely useful in hair growth.
How to use clove essential oil?
- Take 3 to 4 drops of clove oil in a bowl. To this add 2 to 3 drops of any other essential oil like rosemary or basil.
- Now add carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Mix them well.
- Now apply this oil all over scalp and hair and massage gently.
- Then steam your hair using hot towel. Tie your hair in bun or braid your hair and leave it for about 2 hours, you may also leave it overnight. Then wash it with mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Do this twice a week to reduce hair fall and to stimulate hair growth.
All these essential oils are extremely beneficial in growing your hair back. These also maintains your scalp’s health. It keeps scalp infections at bay. You can use blend of these oils to promote hair growth. I will share the essential oil blend for hair growth in my upcoming posts. When nature has given these powerful remedies we don’t want to run after out of the box products by seeing their high claims. Use these essential oil to stop hair fall and hair thinning.